Every year Valentine’s Day approaches and you wonder what you can do to make this day special for your love one. Valentine’s Day supposed to be a romantic day can be fraught with gifting and planning where to dine. Here are the restaurants that I have shortlisted for a truly personal, memorable Valentine’s Day.
Lawry’s The Prime Rib Singapore
Dining at Lawry’s The Prime Rib exudes an air of elegance and romance with lavish furnishing, warmly lit fairy lights and sophisticated floral arrangements. When night falls, the setting is perfect for an intimate dinner with a bottle of Casa Burti Flute en Rose. Unlike the usual and boring present which you would buy in a shop, capture the precious moment with your loved one from Lawry’s photo booth and a surprise goodie bag filled with gifts for him and her.
Specially Curated 5-course Set Menu:
1. Braised USDA Wagyu Beef Cheek with Pistachio Crust, Grilled Pineapple, Balsamico Reduction and Yellow Frisse& Smoked Salmon topped with Avruga on the bed of Water Biscuit, served with Purple Cucumber Pickles.
2. Pan-fried Foie Gras with Port-Raisin Sauce, Foie Gras Macaroon with Chocolate and Almond Soil.
These rich stuffed conchiglioni pastas are packed with a mixture of hearty and briny crab meat and drizzled with edamame cheese sauce, and serves with ikura poppings and appetising yuzu nameko. Who would say no to crab cake stuffed into pasta.
3. Dungeness Crab Salad
Definitely the highlight of the night – Lawry’s Signature Prime Rib of Beef.
The culinary mastery of Medallion-wearing carvers is thrust to the forefront as they wheel out silver carts containing U.S.D.A prime quality beef that is masterfully carved at table-side.
Lawry’s USDA prime beef is aged up for at least 21 days and air flown from the USA. The profoundly succulent and flavourful beef was slowly roasted for hours with a dark exterior throughout and nice rosy pink inside. Not forgetting the delicious sides including US Idaho Mashed Potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, whipped cream horseradish, with a choice of creamed corn, creamed spinach or buttered peas to perfect your meal. The beef was delicious on its own or adding some horseradish sauce, which is what gives the bold kick.
Altantic Lobster Tail had a sweet taste with a firm texture, a slight heat with a touch of Cajun spices. Paired with jumbo-sized Hokkaido scallop and pumpkin croquette for the extra crunch and complete with a touch of Grand Marnier.
4. Signature Roasted Prime Rib of Beef (180 grams) and served with US Idaho Mashed Potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, Whipped Cream Horseradish, with a choice of Creamed Corn, Creamed Spinach or Buttered Peas OR
Baked Cajun Lobster Tail with Tobiko and Hokkaido Scallop with Pumpkin Croquette, Asparagus Spears Lobster Bisque Emulsion, Chives Bits and drizzle of Grand Marnier.
This sweetly romantic trio dessert of pure deliciousness would be the perfect ending to a romantic Valentines Day dinner. Although Manjari Chocolate and Hazelnut Praline Mousse Dome may sound rich, apparently not too sweet and not too bitter. White truffle ice cream gave a decadent take on the familiar staple and a citrus zests from Yuzu mousse bringing a bright taste to each spoon.
5. Manjari Chocolate and Hazelnut Praline Mousse Dome, Raspberry Coulis served with White Truffle Ice Cream in Chocolate Shell with Flakes, Pistachio Soil and Yuzu with Flambé Meringue.
5-course Set Menu exclusively on Valentine’s Day (14 Feb 2018):
- S$168++ per person for First Seating (5PM to 8PM).
- S$188++ per person for Second Seating (8.15PM onwards).