|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 box Silken Tofu
- 1 roll Egg Tofu
- 1 cube Mala
- 10 grams Red Peppercorn
- 10 grams Green Peppercorn
- 200 grams Minced Pork
- 5 pieces Dried Chilli
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 slices Ginger
- 1 tspn Sesame Oil
- 2 tspn Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch Salt
- 0.5 stalk Chinese Chives
- 3 stalks Parsley
- 1 tspn Corn Starch
- Preparation work: (i) Chop the garlic and ginger until finely minced. (ii) Marinate the minced pork with sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt. (iii) Slice silken and egg tofu to cubes. (iv) Cook rice. (v) Slice Chinese chives into smaller pieces.
- Stir-fry red and green peppercorn until fragrant and set aside.
- Stir-fry the garlic over low-medium heat until it's golden brown then add ginger. Add in minced pork and stir-fry until browned.
- Melt mala cubes and add dried chilli, red and green peppercorn once mala cubes have melted. Add in some water.
- Gently add silken and egg tofu cubes into the pan. Mix well together with minced pork and spices.
- Thicken the dish with some cornstarch and simmer for about 1 minute before serve.
- Don't forget to dress this dish with some Chinese chives and parsley.
As a mild heat lover, I would prefer to cook mala dish at home where I can adjust the spiciness and numbness. Feel free to add more heat to this mala tofu with minced pork dish!
Using mala cubes, red and green peppercorns from Sher's Choice.
Leave A Comment