|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 packet Chicken stock
- 1 tspn Mirin
- 1 piece Shiitake mushroom
- 1 piece Scallop
- 2 pieces Crabstick
- 1 stalk Parsley
- Soak the dried shiitake mushroom in a bowl of water until soft and expand in size.
- Slice scallop and crab sticks.
- The ratio for egg (1) to chicken broth (2.5). Please see recipe notes. If you do not have a measuring glass cup, you can also use any transparent glass cup at home.
- Pour the eggs into a big bowl and cold chicken broth in a small amount gradually. Then mix together with a pair of chopstick/ fork and try not to whisk too much to avoid aerating egg.
- Use a strainer to strain the mixture to remove any bubbles, strand of egg whites and any other impurities. This is to achieve a silky smooth texture.
- Portion the egg mixture into chawanmushi cups.
- Start to bring the water to boil over high heat in the pot.
- Once the water boiled, place chawanmushi cups in the pot and turn down to low-medium heat. Here, I've covered the cups with a bamboo cover. You may cover with an aluminium foil to avoid additional water that might drip into the cup.
- Cover the pot lid and steam about 15 minutes.
- When the egg mixture is almost cooked, add in sliced scallops, shiitake mushroom and crab sticks.
- Steam for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the chawanmushi cup in the pot to set for another 5 minutes
- Garnish with parsley.
Leave A Comment