*Last updated 21 July 2016.
Are you getting excited as much as we do? Singapore’s very own Michelin Guide Singapore was launched at Resorts World Convention Centre today! 2 Asian hawker stalls have been granted the coveted star for the first time in Michelin history. Despite the accolade, both hawker stall owners said prices would not be raised for now. (Quoted from channelnewsasia) French chef Joel Robuchon’s eponymous outlet has won the coveted three-star rating. Different cuisines were featured in the Michelin Guide Singapore, ranging from Chinese to French.
The eateries have demonstrated Michelin Guide five key elements:
- Quality of products.
- Mastery of flavour and cooking techniques.
- The personality of the chef in his cuisine.
- Value for money.
- Consistency between visits.
Stars apply only to ‘what is on the plate’ and are awarded solely for the quality of the cooking.
- *** Three stars mean exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey.
- ** Two stars mean excellent cooking, worth a detour.
- * One star means a very good restaurant in its category.
Michelin Guide Singapore THREE STARS ***
- Joel Robuchon (Resorts World Sentosa).
Michelin Guide Singapore TWO STARS **
- André. (Bukit Pasoh)
- L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon. (Resorts World Sentosa)
- Odette. (National Gallery Singapore)
- Shisen Hanten. (Orchard Road)
- Shoukouwa. (Fullerton Road)
- Les Amis. (Scotts Road)
Michelin Guide Singapore ONE STAR *
- Alma. (Scotts Road)
- The Kitchen at Bacchanalia. (Hong Kong Street)
- Béni. (Mandarin Gallery)
- Candlenut. (Dorsett Residences)
- Corner House. (Singapore Botanic Gardens)
- Crystal Jade Golden Palace. (Paragon)
- Cut. (Marina Bay Sands)
- Forest. (Equarius Hotel)
- Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle. (Crawford Lane)
- Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle. (Smith Street)
- Jaan. (Stamford Road)
- Lei Garden. (Chijmes)
- Osia. (Resorts World Sentosa)
- Putien. (Kitchener Road)
- Rhubarb. (Duxton Hill)
- Shinji. (Beach Road)
- Shinji. (Tanglin Road)
- Summer Pavillion. (Ritz Carlton)
- Sushi Ichi. (Orchard Road)
- Terra. (Tras Street)
- The Song of India. (Scotts Road)
- Waku Ghin. (Marina Bay Sands)
Michelin Guide Singapore 2016 has announced Bib Gourmand on 14 July 2016. A total of 34 restaurants, hawker stalls and other eateries has made it to the Bib Gourmand awardees. And half of the awardees, 17 can be found in hawker centres. Its the best of both worlds – To find good foods at a good price without getting a burn in the pocket. As Singapore is a multi racial countries, it is delighted that Cantonese, Indian, Malaysian, Paranakan, Vietnamese and even Turkish food has made it on 2016 Michelin Guide Singapore too! To meet all requirements for the rating, venues must also offer a decent esteem meal for under S$45.
The following is the choice of the 34 awardees in the Bib Gourmand list and is not in chronological order:
Alexandra Village Food Centre, Bukit Merah
- Claypot Laksa. (Laksa Claypot)
Amoy Street Food Centre, Tanjong Pagar
- A Noodle Story. (Singaporean Noodle)
- Famous Crispy Curry Puff. (Deep Fried Puff)
- Hong Kee Beef Noodle. (Beef Noodle)
- Hoo Kee Rice Dumpling. (Rice Dumpling)
Golden Mile Food Centre, Beach Road
- The Fishball Story. (Fish Ball)
- Wedang. (Indonesian food and satay)
Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, Chinatown
- Famous Sungei Road Trishaw. (Laksa)
115 Bukit Merah View Market & Food Centre, Bukit Merah
- Na Na Curry.
127 Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre, Toa Payoh
- Chey Sua Carrot Cake.
Maxwell Food Centre, Tanjong Pagar
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice.
Mei Ling Market & Food Centre, Queenstown
- Shi Hui Yuan. (Noodle with Chicken and Duck)
Newton Food Centre, Newton
- Alliance Seafood. (BBQ Seafood)
Tiong Bahru Market, Tiong Bahru
- Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice. (Hainanese Chicken Rice)
- Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee. (Fried Noodle)
Whampoa Market Place
- Balestier Road Hoover Rojak. (Rojak)
- Liang Zhao Ji. (Soyed Duck)
- Alaturka. (Turkish) – Bussorah Street
- Hjh Maimunah. (Malaysian) – Jalan Pisang 11-15
- Ka Soh. (Singaporean) – College Road
- Kok Sen. (Tze Char) – Keong Saik Road
- Lagnaa. (Indian) – Little India
- New Ubin Seafood – Sin Ming Road
- Peony Jade at Keppel Club. (Cantonese) – Bukit Chermin Rd
- Shish Mahal. (Indian) – Albert Street
- Song Fa. (Bak Kut Teh) – New Bridge Rd
- 328 Katong. (Laksa) – East Coast Road
- True Blue Cuisine. (Peranakan) – Armenien Street
- Whole Earth. (Vegetarian) – Peck Street
- Yhingthai Palace. (Thai) – Purvis Street
- Zaffron Kitchen. (Indian) – East Coast Road
Street Food Establishments
- Bismallah Biryani. (Briyani) – Dunlop Road
- JB Ah Meng Kitchen. (Cantonese) – Geylang Road
- Sin Huat Eating House. (Crab Rice Noodle) – Geylang Road
Credits: Michelin Guide Singapore 2016 Bib Gourmand Awards
Read on MICHELIN Guide Singapore 2017.
Share this post to your friends and loved ones.